All 3 courts were thoroughly cleaned and repainted in May 2012 and the nets refurbished. The clubhouse has been fitted with cupboards and has been repainted and benches are being replaced. Paving around the clubhouse was completed in the summer – thanks and appreciation go to the volunteers who did all the back breaking work to get this done (Tim, George & Rob) .
Members each have a key for the courts: the lock is changed each season. Tennis shoes must be worn at all times (no astroturf shoes).
1. All three courts are available to members at all times except for the following: Club matches and tournaments have absolute priority but will only ever use 2 of the 3 courts (see booking calendar for fixtures); private games should also generally be avoided during official club sessions (see Social Tennis page). The end court can be booked except during club sessions up to a week in advance by ringing John or Jane Fabisz (see Officers page). There is no charge to members, but guests pay £5.00 per hour plus a deposit of £5.00 for the key.
2. FLOODLIGHT USAGE
Lights are available to use until 9.45pm Monday to Saturday and up until 8pm on Sunday. The lights have been set to turn off automatically at these times.
When playing under lights please be considerate to local residents and keep the noise down. If only one court is to be used please play on the court furthest from the houses in Park View.
The lights are turned on by inserting a token into the meter control unit located at the edge of the courts on the village hall side. This is straightforward but if you need assistance, please contact any committee member. One token lasts 30 minutes and costs £1.
Tokens can be purchased from:
Gary Yates – 16 High Street
John Fabisz – 12 Silver Lane
Tim Perry – 15 Priory Close
Herman Engelbrecht – Langdale, Back Lane, Holywell
A warning beacon next to the meter control unit flashes when the timed period is about to end.
Once the period ends, one light stays on for 5 minutes more to allow you to exit the courts safely.
The lights will be turned on free of charge to members at Wednesday evening club sessions.
3. Singles should not be played whilst others are waiting to play; please limit games already in progress to one short set (first to 6 games or 30 mins total play).
4. Balls must not be retrieved from nearby gardens but the fenced off section at the back of the courts is now accessible via the back gate by the pavilion.
5. A toilet is accessible on the end of the village hall via the back gate (coded door lock)
6. No bikes, and no ball games other than tennis to be played on the courts.
We ask members to abide by these rules, otherwise they may be asked to leave the courts.
Limited Individual coaching by John Fabisz is available at £18 per hour for adults or juniors – any standard. Contact John (see Officers page)
Group coaching for Men & Women is to be announced. Please register your interest with john and suitable days and times.